Paper 1) Analysis of a 10-K Relating to Segment and NCI Reporting & Disclosures
1. Locate Procter & Gamble SEC 10-K from the SEC website (www.sec.gov).
2. Explore the concepts of segment and NCI disclosure and reporting using course resources. You must also find and review / read outside literature (to mean more than just the 10-K report) on these subjects and use and reference same in the paper.
3. Prepare a paper on reporting and disclosure issues related to segment and NCI within a 10-K that must include the following: a. A brief introduction / review of your chosen entity. b. What are the requirements / rules for disclosures in the two areas of segments and NCIs to include the history and development of the specific rules, the specific applicable rule #s, key points etc. of segment and NCI reporting and disclosure requirements. c. Summarize what and how your particular company has disclosed relating to these two items (and only these items), and d. Your thoughts on the effectiveness / overall meaningfulness of your company's disclosures relating to only segments and NCIs and their disclosure rules for these two areas only
4. Your deliverable is to be three pages in length (~1,000 to 1,800 words), single-spaced, double spacing between paragraphs, one inch margins and a font size of 10 - 12 points. Include a cover page and works cited section. In-text citations of all facts must be included and done per APA standards. The paper is to be uploaded through the assignment folder provided for same using only a single Word document with only “YourName.doc(x)” as the file name. There are to be no active hyperlinks anywhere in the submission.
5. Points will be deducted for failing to adhere to these requirements, including the word count and especially the 4 requirements in part 3.