A case on any United States Supreme Court case that involves an interpretation of the Constitution - this encompasses most of the cases that come before the Supreme Court. However, case heard by the Supreme Court from 2009 to the present. No case that is older than 2009. This will help ensure that is on current, relevant case law.
- 2 pages and contain the following information:
- Who is involved in the case?
- How has the case moved through the legal system (who filed it, in what court? What appellate court heard it? How did it get to the Supreme Court?)?
- What was the issue in the case?
- What did the Court decide? (note that the US Supreme Court is called "Court", not "court" and not "SCOTUS")
- What was the Court's analysis (WHY did they decide as they did)?
- Did any Justices dissent, and if so, what did they have to say?
- What is the impact of this case?
If search on Nexis Uni or OYEZ should be able to find something
verbatim quotations should make up no more than 10%.