Subject:Health SciencePrice:2.86 Bought7
1) A pregnant woman receiving magnesium sulfate IV at 1 gram an hour after a loading dose for preterm labor looks flushed and complains of feeling warm. What should the nurse's initial action be?
a. Turn the woman on her left side and increase IV fluid
b. Perform a vaginal exam to determine progress
c. Reassure the woman that this is a normal response
d. Stop the drug and call the physician
2. In developing a teaching plan for a type 1 diabetic in pregnancy, the nurse will include which of the following?
a. Exercise will increase insulin requirements during pregnancy
b. Glucosuria levels are good indicators of metabolic regulation
c. Complex carbohydrates need to be restricted
d. Insulin requirements increase as pregnancy progresses
3. A patient was admitted to the labor suite at 5 cm with ruptured membranes about 14 hours ago. The assessment data that would be most beneficial for this patient would be which of the following?
b. Blood Pressure
4. A nurse is caring for a patient who is receiving nifedipine for prevention of preterm labor. The nurse should monitor the patient for which of the following manifestations?
a. Blood-tinged sputum
5.The RN supervisor is making assignments on the unit. One RN is new and the RN supervisor ... LPN to assist the new nurse. What should the new nurse delegate to the LPN?
a. Reinforcing dressing change
b. Teaching the patient simple dressing changes at home
c. Performing an initial assessment on a new patient
d. Administer recurrent narcotic pain medication via IV push
6. Which of the following places the patient at risk for developing disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC)? (Select all that apply)
a. Platelets 50, 000
c. Postpartum hemorrhage
d. Abrupto placenta
e. Vitamin K administration
7. A 25-year-old primigravida is 8 months pregnant and is in the office for her regular prenatal checkup. She complains of occasional rather severe headaches. What is the nursing priority for this patient?
a. Check the primigravida's urine for protein
b. Instruct her to take Ibuprofen instead of aspirin for headache
c. Report this finding immediately to the doctor
d. Take the primigravida's blood pressure
8. A physician's order is for terbutaline 0.25 mg SC now. The vial reads terbutaline 1 mg/1 mL. The nurse should draw up how much terbutaline in the syringe?
a. 0.25 ml
b. 0.3 ml
c. 0.5 ml
d. 1.0 ml
Purchased 7 times