Conflict in organizations is not only inevitable but is also a key driver for positive change and innovation
Conflict in organizations is not only inevitable but is also a key driver for positive change and innovation. If everyone remained at ease with the status quo, societies would not progress in the way that they have historically done. The outcomes of conflict can often be tied to the concepts of power and politics in an organization. Those who maintain the balance of power in a relationship can arguably leverage this power to affect the outcome.
- Write a research paper in which you answer the following
- Are you a political person and does your level of political tendencies impact your career progression? Why or why not?
- Have you ever been negatively affected by a politically charged environment in which you felt you had no power?
- What is your primary conflict-handling style? How do you think your style has served you in your career thus far?
- With which of the bargaining strategies do you most identify? Does this fit with your primary conflict-handling style?