Reflection on Exceptional Education
Submit the assignment by 11:59 PM PT Sunday of Module 5.
In this assignment, you will reflect on how federal law, research, and Interventions relate to early childhood exceptional education and how this knowledge can be used to improve professional practices.
· Create a Word document for your response.
· Use APA format for the title page, references page, and in-text citations.
· Use course readings and at least one source from outside the course to respond to the three topics.
· Develop an introduction and conclusion for the paper. Use the topics as subheadings.
· Reflect in a three-page paper (not including the title and references pages) on the following: Federal Legislation and Early Intervention
· Consider the impact of requiring states to make appropriate and free public education available to students with disabilities.
· What are the advantages of early intervention for students with disabilities?
· How do these laws relate to inclusion?
· What are the long-term benefits to implementing inclusion both for children with and without disabilities?
· How can awareness of these laws serve you as an educator and impact the families you serve?
· Research and Practice
· What role does assistive technology play in special education?
· How can you become an advocate for a student who can benefit from assistive technology?
· What have you learned to help you better select methods and materials for helping students with exceptionalities?
· Functional Behavior Analysis and Intervening on a Target Behavior in the Natural Environment
· What was most beneficial to you in the identification of a target behavior?
· How did the identification, data collection, and implementation assignments impact the way you view working with students with disabilities?