question archive Unit II Writing Assignments: Part I Using the following biblical passages, write a paper on how this particular course (Human Resource Management) should be understood differently at Belhaven than at a secular institution
Unit II Writing Assignments:
Using the following biblical passages, write a paper on how this particular course (Human Resource Management) should be understood differently at Belhaven than at a secular institution. The passages to be considered:
Requirements: Paper must be a minimum of 500 words; APA format.
This course is a study of human resource management. Human Resource Management is the design of formal systems in an organization to manage human talent for accomplishing organizational goals. The course will cover the strategic role of human resource management, equal employment opportunity, staffing, talent management, rewards (compensation and benefits), health, safety, and security issues, and employee and labor relations.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: Explain the critical role that human resource management has for all organizations.
· Identify the different federal and state laws dealing with human resource management that affect organizations.
· Describe the process of how applicants are recruited, selected, and trained for jobs.
· Explain the different ways employees are compensated and the different types of benefits they receive.
· Identify how organizations respond to risk management and worker protection issues regarding their employees.
· Describe how organizations handle employee relations, such as employee rights and disciplinary issues, and the history of employee unions.
Assignment 2 (40 points)
After completing the lecture and reading assignments, write a response to the following question. Do not use the question in your response. § Compare the positives and negatives of affirmative action. How do you believe affirmative action has helped women and minorities in the workplace? What do you think the future of affirmative action will be?
Requirements: Response must be a minimum of 500 words; APA format.