Subject:Computer SciencePrice: Bought3
Windows Application Deployment Proposal
Crete, Inc. has hired you as an IT consultant for improving on their current Windows Infrastructure. Crete, Inc. is a manufacturing company of automotive fabrics that has locations in Detroit, New York, Atlanta, and Mexico. The majority of staff, including IT, is located in their headquarters in Atlanta. The Detroit and New York offices have mostly sales and marketing personnel.
As you a consultant, you are bidding on a lucrative contract to design and implement a robust Windows network. Crete, Inc. has provided details of their current IT infrastructure.
· The main datacenter is located in Atlanta. The Atlanta office has one main data center and three offices converted for additional data center space due to space issues in the main data center.
o Microsoft Exchange email system, which runs on 4 physical servers.
o 20 SQL Servers
o 12 Oracle Database Servers
o 4 File and Print Servers
o 12 Web Servers
o 40 Application Servers (HR, finance, budget, inventory control, licensing, reporting, etc.)
· WAN connectivity is in place between all sites using secure (IPSec) tunnel with redundancy.
· Security, in terms of firewalls and IPS and IDS, is in place and will be handled separately.
· Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; however, all assumptions should be identified.
Topics to Cover in your Proposal:Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate.
The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
Policies and Guidelines
· Develop points to include in policies and guidelines since they are outdated. A detailed policy is not needed.
· Implement a monitoring plan for critical servers and services. What servers and services should be monitored and why?
· Plan to update the servers
· Plan to update desktop
· Plan to update software (Office, Adobe Reader, etc.) and plugins (Java, Flash, etc.)