In this discussion, we will explore the ethics of testing on vulnerable populations. Initial post should be a minimum of 200 words. When you describe ideas that are not your own, be sure to paraphrase and not use direct quotations.
For your initial post, address the following:
· What are some examples of vulnerable populations in cognitive psychology? What makes them vulnerable?
· What is an example of a precaution that psychological scientists can use when testing or applying a new protocol or technology that might help a vulnerable population?
· Between the need to help people with cognitive impairments and the need to patiently accumulate reliable data, where should we draw the line?
· What are the dangers of unsupported claims by researchers and the media in products sold as "helping your memory" or "enhancing your attention"?
· How does the concept of testing on vulnerable populations apply to at least one of the following programmatic course themes?
· Self-care, Social justice, Emotional intelligence (EI), Career connections or Ethics